Lyneham-A Vibrant Learning Community
What do we know?
What do we need to know?
Will we make decisions based on the best available research?/How do we ensure we do?
Philosophical Base (Beliefs & Values)
What do we believe?
What do we value?
Will we make decisions based on the best available research?
· Relationships are respectful-respect for self, each other and environment/property
· Child-centred learning-”Whole Child”
· Everyone Matters, Every Child, every day
· Working collaboratively
· Risk taking & resilience-growth mindset
· Role models-staff as life-long learners, reciprocal teaching/learning
· Social Justice
Why do people behave the way they do?
Is what we are doing psychologically nurturing for everyone?
· Whole child; giving children what they need to be successful at school
· Safe place– creating alternate spaces & activities
· Respectful Relationships-Friendly Schools Plus
· Conferencing, class agreements-restorative language
· Playground philosophy of “play”, supportive
· Relevant and purposeful professional learning
What do we want for our students? What do our students need to know & do for their future?
· Communication skills
· Critical thinkers, life-long learners, problem-solvers, creative, responsible digital citizens
· Social and emotional resilience/skills
· Own identity, trust, inclusive, value other cultures
· Health-mental, physical well-being
· Opportunities to succeed
· Sense of community & belonging